Monday, September 13, 2010

Additional Blog Assignment #1

Google Squared is a search tool that helps you quickly build a collection of facts from the web, for any topic you specify. The educational implications of searches done on Google squared provides teachers with helpful data that is easily accessed and compiled into one fact sheet. It makes research easier as well as finding data to use in the classroom much easier and faster. Another search engine is WolframAlfa and it is simply the best tool that I have ever used. It gives facts and data without having to do any searching. As a teacher, the educational implications to using this tool is that finding data out is much more user friendly and it is compiled into one spreadsheet or document which makes giving it to the students a lot less stressful.

I am glad to have had the chance to use these tools because I have never heard of them before this assignment. They will make my life as teacher a lot less stressful and they will also help out my future students. I feel like the information that I have seen from the YouTube video from Dr. Strange and the ‘Did you know’ video go hand in hand with one another. I still cannot believe the amount information that is available to anyone who wants it just by using the internet. I feel like technology has taken over the world and that it is a good thing. Technology can still be a blessing and curse but for the most part, I know that I personally couldn’t make it through the day without it.

No comments:

Post a Comment