Friday, November 12, 2010

Additional Assignment #5

Tom Johnson's adventures in Pencil Integration:
Sketchy Portraits: 8th Grade Identity and Pencils;
He Just Likes the Class for the Pencils;
The Medium Shapes the Learning

The three posts that I read from Tom’s blog were better than the last that I read. I felt like they made much better sense and they touched on a subject that I can actually relate to. My favorite was the first that I read labeled” Sketchy Portraits: 8th grade Identity and Pencils.” This post is about the change going on with the students and how they feel erasable because their future is constantly changing. The metaphor that he uses between the relationship of pencils and the students is really funny in a way but it so true. His blog is good to read but I think it can be a little hard to catch onto because everything is a metaphor. All his points are set up to pencils but they make sense and they catch people’s attention.

No comments:

Post a Comment